Make sure to check out and download the new TRAE THA TRUTH mixtape, “BLACK PRINT” here
Here are the looks on Meek’s new video, With Trey Songz “FACE DOWN”
Here are the looks on some new ODD FUTRE gear!
Posts Tagged ‘ trey songz ’
NICKI GOES DOUBLE PLATINUM, SHOOTS NEW VIDEOS
Nicki Minaj recently announced to fans on Twitter that her debut album, Pink Friday, has gone double platinum. The disc has amassed sales over 2.2-million copies since being released. In addition, the fem-cee spilled that the videos to her new singles, “Roman in Moscow” and “Stupid Hoe,” have already been shot and will be released in two weeks. The songs are lifted from her highly anticipated sophomore effort, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which is scheduled for a February 14th release.
Do you think she’ll be able to re-do her success with her next LP?
TREY SONGZ ANNOUNCES ANTICIPATION 2OUR
According to Rap-Up.com, Trey Songz has revealed the dates for his upcoming outing, which is being dubbed the Anticipation 2our. The singer’s trek will begin on February 10th in Louisville, Kentucky and will travel through Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Oakland. While you can purchase passes through TreySongz.com, you can also expect more dates to be announced soon.
In related news, the crooner is working on his upcoming album, Chapter V.
Feb. 10 – Louisville, KY – Palace Theatre
Feb. 11 – Chicago, IL – Auditorium Theatre
Feb. 17 – Los Angeles, CA – Nokia Theatre
Feb. 18 – Las Vegas, NV – Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino
Feb. 19 – Oakland, CA – Paramount Theatre
B.O.B. ANNOUNCES LAUNCH DATE FOR STRANGE CLOUDS
According to his official Twitter page, B.o.B has announced the launch date for his highly anticipated sophomore release, Strange Clouds. He tweeted that fans can expect his second studio effort to arrive on March 13th. He wrote, “I been havin fun doing mixtapes and gettin back to my Eastside roots…. but I really can’t wait til the album … #StrangeClouds.” In related news, the Grand Hustle artist posted a Ustream studio session with Waka Flocka Flame.
CHRISTINA MILIAN OPENS UP ABOUT DIVORCING THE DREAM
During an interview with Yahoo!, Christina Milian gave new insight as to what caused her to file for divorce from her ex-husband, The Dream. The singer stated, “A lot of men would say, ‘I can’t believe a man would cheat on Christina’ but it happens.” She added, “Beauty has nothing to do with it. I know I’m a really good wife. I know I’m a really good girlfriend. I know we’re supposed to take the blame for certain things but I gotta say I’m pretty good at all that stuff.” As far as what she’s learned from her failed marriage, Milian stated, “Sometimes we are just so carried away with love and we might even mistake some things like lust for love.” In related news, Christina will serve as the digital correspondent for the new season of The Voice.
UPDATE ON USHER’S CUSTODY BATTLE
We previously reported Usher was being accused of not being a good father by his ex-wife, Tameka Raymond. After his ex made a request to alter their joint custody agreement, TMZ reports that the crooner filed a counter suit and claims Tameka’s allegations are false. The former couple will hash out their issues in court on February 27th.
Tameka claimed that Usher failed to get permission to travel with the kids out of state and she wants more child support.
RICK ROSS READIES NEW MIXTAPE
Now that Rick Ross has his health in check, the rapper has completed a new mixtape that will be released this week. Rozay announced that the project, titled Rich Forever, which is hosted by DJ Scream and Shaheem Reid, will be released on Friday, January 6th at 3:05 PM Eastern. The material will help tide fans over until his upcoming fifth album, God Forgives, I Don’t, arrives later this year.
The project is Rick’s follow-up to Ashes to Ashes and The Albert Anastasia EP.
WALE DID SOUL SEARCHING TO MAKE AMBITION
Hands down, one of our favorite albums of 2011 was Wale’s Ambition. During an interview with the Washington Post, the Maybach Music Group rapper said, “I’m about to bring D.C. a gold album in 2012” and hopes to sell over 500-thousand copies by “early April.”
What did you think of his album?
UPCOMING HIP HOP ALBUMS FOR THIS YEAR!
Now that 2012 is underway, we wanted to give hip hop heads a list of upcoming albums that they should keep an eye on. This year, you’ll be able to check out Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and T.I.’s much talked about effort, Trouble Man. Here’s what other projects coming soon:
January 17, 2012
Juvenile – Rejuvenation
January 30, 2012
Kid Cudi x Dot Da Genius – W Z R D
February 14, 2012
Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
February 21, 2012
Monica – New Life
February 28, 2012
Ja Rule – Pain Is Love 2
March 13, 2012
B.o.B. – Strange Clouds
T.I. – Trouble Man
Chris Brown – Fortune
Cam’Ron – Untitled
KEYSHIA COLE WORKING ON NEW ALBUM
Keyshia Cole is gearing up for the release of her fifth studio album, Woman to Woman. While it’s unknown when the disc will be released, the singer recently tweeted, “Just sat in the car and wrote a song, old school style. Used to come up wit good stuff in my car. And I just did again. My team loved it.” We’ll keep you posted.
KEYSHIA COLE’S MOM PREPS MEMOIR ON DRUIG ADDICTION
According to SingersRoom.com, Keyshia Cole’s mom, Frankie Lons, is reportedly working on a memoir called Best Years I Never Had. Cole’s mother, who has appeared on VH1’s Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, delves into her years battling drug addiction, prostitution and family struggles. The Best Years I Never Had is scheduled to go on sale on January 20th.
MOBB DEEP TALKS RICK ROSS COLLABO
Mobb Deep are preparing to drop their Black Cocaine this month, followed by their ninth, self-titled album at the top of 2012. Meanwhile, Prodigy and Havoc are looking to expand their horizons with a series of new collaborations, including one with Rick Ross. Prodigy recently told MTV News correspondent Sway Calloway that he has already reached out to Ross for a feature. After wrapping up a three-year prison stint for weapons possession in March, Prodigy said he headed directly to G-Unit’s New York City offices, where he met with 50 Cent – who signed the group to G-Unit in 2005 – to discuss the collaboration. 50 Cent and Rick Ross have a notorious beef, which hit fever pitch in 2009 when Fif launched a full-scale attack against Rozay on his blog, ThisIs50.com. Prodigy didn’t talk specifics about his intended Rick Ross collaborations, but did confirm that fans could expect a Mobb Deep collaboration soon.
· Prodigy on a possible Rick Ross collaboration: “All that is in the works, man. We like Rick Ross. I’mma be honest: We come from an era where longevity and consistency is key, and in the beginning, I ain’t really see that in him. Then while I was locked up, he was dropping more and more music. I was like, ‘Damn, I’m starting to like this dude.’ That’s when I was like, ‘We need to holla at son and do some music with him.'”
TREY SONGZ DROPS TWO NEW TUNES
According to Rap-Up.com, Trey Songz dropped two new songs from his new mixtapes #Lemmeholdatbeat2 and Anticipation II, both out now. The crooner released “Boop” and “Sex Soundz,” which should keep fans happy until Songz releases a new album.
JAY-Z AND KANYE WEST KICK OFF WATCH THE THRONE TOUR!
Jay-Z and Kanye West kicked off their Watch The Throne Tour in Atlanta on Friday. The two-and-a-half hour show features the pair performing together and then doing mini-sets of their individual material. The Watch The Throne Tour rolls into Baltimore tonight and Philadelphia tomorrow.
FUTURE DOESN’T WANT TO BE A ONE-HIT WONDER
Future is super aware of haters thinking that his smash record, “Tony Montana,” will be his first and only hit single. The rapper said being a one-hit wonder is simply not an option. Fans can expect the Future’s debut album, called Pluto, at the top of 2012.
· Future recently finalized a contract with new Epic Records chairman, Antonio “L.A.” Reid.
DRAKE TALKS TAKING CONTROL, DOING IT HIS WAY
Drake has proven time and time again that he’s not going anywhere. And to make sure that his upcoming Take Care effort achieves the same success as his debut, Drizzy told MTV News he’s decided to be more hands-on with promoting, recording and taking control of his career. Fans can expect his sophomore effort to arrive on November 15th.
PHARRELL AND USHER LOVE BIEBER
According to Rap-Up.com, Pharrell has paid Justin Bieber a huge compliment. The Neptunes hit-maker told the young singer that he was impressed with his vocals on his new holiday album, Under the Mistletoe. The two were in the studio working on new music for his next studio album along with Usher, who added that Bieber’s voice is “incredible.” Hear for yourself as Bieber’s Under the Mistletoe album is out now. His next studio album, Believe, is due in early 2012 and is set to feature Drake and Kanye West.
CELEBRITIES REMEMBER AALIYAH
Tonight, BET will air their upcoming special, Aaliyah: One In A Million, to mark the 10th anniversary of the tragic passing of the R&B singer. It’s hard to believe that she was killed a decade ago in a plane crash. We caught up with famous faces like Johnny Gill, Jordin Sparks and others to see what they remember most about the singer who Timbaland and Missy Elliott affectionately called “Babygirl.” BET’s Aaliyah: One In A Million airs tonight (8/25) at 8 PM Eastern and Pacific.
· Ciara told Billboard.com, “[Aaliyah] was true to who she was and she didn’t seem to care about it. The core of her art to me is heavily, heavily urban based. When an artist’s music is so urban based, sometimes people like to take risks with artists like that. When you think about it, it really is pop, it really is cultural and that’s the one thing that I thought was cool about her music is that it never felt like she was trying to reach across or do anything more than just keep that cool, soulful, heavy urban core about it.”
· While promoting the collector’s edition of her debut album, songs in A minor, Alicia Keys told Rap-Up.com that “If I Ain’t Got You” actually “came together right after Aaliyah passed away. It was such a sad time and no one wanted to believe it. It just made everything crystal clear to me—what matters, and what doesn’t.”
· Ginuwine, who was a close friend of the late singer, told TheBoomBox.com that if she were still alive today, she’d be serious competition for Beyonce. The R&B crooner believes “Aaliyah was in a class by herself, if Aaliyah were still here, she and Beyonce would be neck and neck. Everyone should aspire to be someone great… Aaliyah was one of the great ones.”
LIL WAYNE ISSUES “HOW TO LOVE” VIDEO
According to his official website, Lil Wayne has leaked the visual to his latest single, “How to Love.” In what is sure to be argued as his best video yet, Weezy narrates the troubled life of woman who prostitutes herself and contracts HIV. He also shows how her pitfalls could have been avoided. Check it out now! In addition, Tha Carter IV arrives on Monday orrrrr if you found the leak, it’s out NOW!
KANYE, JAY-Z GO GOLD WITH WTT
Jay-Z and Kanye West’s collaborative effort, Watch The Throne, remained at the number one spot on the Billboard 200 chart. The disc also achieved gold status after selling an additional 177-thousand copies, bringing the total tally over 613k. Elsewhere on the chart, Hova’s wife, Beyonce, sits at the number nine spot with her latest album, 4. The singer’s project sold another 25-thousand units and has now amasses sales over 679-thousand.
· Could Game’s R.E.D. Album will de-throne Watch The Throne for the number one spot?
BEYONCE ANNOUNCES NEXT SINGLE OFF OF 4
According to All Access, Beyonce has revealed what the next single off her latest album, 4, will be. The singer has decided to shoot a video for fan favorite, “Party” featuring Andre 3000. The Kanye West-produced song will impact radio on Tuesday. Hmmm, perhaps this will be the tune that Beyonce will perform during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. Be sure to see when the show airs Sunday night at 9 PM Eastern!
· There are whisper that Bey has already shot the video for two other stand out tracks, “End of Time” and “Countdown.”
BEYONCE TO PERFORM AT VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS
MTV has just that announced Beyonce has joined the official line-up of performers at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The singer, who is up for three nominations this year including Best Female Video and Best Choreography, joins previously confirmed acts including Adele, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Pitbull, Jeesie J and Young The Giant. In addition, Will Ferrell, Jack Black, Zoe Saldana, Kevin Hart and Victoria Justice will appear on the show as presenters. Be sure to tune in to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards when they air live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday at 9 PM (Live Eastern/Tape delayed Pacific).
TREY SONGZ WANTS TO DO JOINT LP WITH DRAKE
According to TheSource.com, Trey Songz has caught the joint-album itch and revealed who he’d like to do a collaborative LP with. The singer stated, “When thinking along the lines of that, Drake is the first person that comes to mind that I am that musically comfortable with in that space. He is a friend of mine as well, and I think we can pull something off like that could sound very authentic.” As far as when this idea will become a reality, Trigga won’t put a deadline on it. He explained, “It has to be something that you are definitely going into for music’s sake.”
· TIDBIT: In related news, Trey is working on the follow-up to last year’s Passion, Pain & Pleasure.
KANYE TO HEADLINE CALL OF DUTY XP
According to Rap-Up.com, Kanye West has agreed to perform during Activision’s first-ever Call of Duty XP celebration. The event will attract over six-thousand video gamers who are competing for one-million dollars in a Call Of Duty tournament. The rapper is expected to take stage and perform new and old hits. Tickets are available for 150 dollars with all proceeds going to the Call of Duty Endowment fund.
· The event takes place over Labor Day weekend in Los Angeles.
COULD WINEHOUSE HAVE BEEN ON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS?
Toxicology results have shown that Amy Winehouse had no illegal drugs in her system when she passed away on July 23rd. But what about prescription drugs? TMZ is reporting that a “source close to the family” refused to say yay or nay about those when asked. The site also reports that there are a number of drugs that you can get legally, such as OxyContin and morphine, which “contain the opiates similar to heroin.” We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.
· Toxicology did reveal that alcohol was present at the time of death.
WHO TOOK THE WINEHOUSE FOUNDATION NAME?
British paper The Sun caught up with the guy who registered the name Amy Winehouse Foundation before the fallen singer’s dad, Mitch, could. His name is Martin McCann, and the West Londoner is demanding an apology from Mitch for putting “pressure” on him to sell before he even considers making a deal. He also added that Amy’s family needs to “detach” themselves from emotion and begin to “think business.” Mitch said recently that he’s had to return donations for the foundation as he has nowhere to put the money since the name is taken.
ADELE KICKS BACK WITH BASKETBALL WIVES
So what does Adele do when her bandmates are busy partying while they’re out on the road and she doesn’t feel like going out? Well apparently, she watches Vh1. According to the L-A Times, the singer joked while on stage in Las Vegas earlier in the week that her band was “out all night getting drunk,” and that she was holed up in her room “like a true rock star” watching Basketball Wives. Apparently, Adele’s been keeping it pretty mellow since going back out on tour after having to cancel a slew of dates with throat problems earlier in the year.
Missy Elliott has scored 37 VMA nods and has won six awards.
Aerosmith have received 36 VMA nominations and won ten.
U2 have received 32 VMA nods and five wins.
R.E.M. have scored 31 VMA nods and seven wins.
The late Michael Jackson received 31 VMA nominations and won 11 Moon Men.
Bette Midler and Dan Aykroyd hosted the first VMA show in 1984.
WEST COAST GREATS PASS THE TORCH TO KENDRICK LAMAR
(AllHipHop News) After performing his hit song “Michael Jordan,” Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar was given the ultimate co-sign from the best of the best from the West Coast Hip-Hop community.
Snoop Dogg came out to perform his hit song, “Snoop Dogg” accompanied by Kurupt and Game.
“Aye n***a, you going bodyguard hard right now. Look I’m sitting up there with Dr. Dre up top,” Snoop said as he pointed to Dr. Dre in the crowd “and we watching Game pass the torch to you and you great at what you do man, not good at what you do, you great at what you do. I’ma say this, you got the torch my n***ga.”
Shortly afterwards, an emotional Kendrick Lamar was surrounded and embraced by the TDE family, Game, Snoop and Kurupt.
Game took the mic to explain to the fans the importance of Kendrick Lamar’s ascendance in the rap game.
Silencing the crowd’s cheer, Game took the microphone and had this to say.
“For yall mothaf**kas who aint here and for all you that got your camera phones that don’t understand, yall need to realize this is the motha f**kin ni**a,” Game shouted out to the crowd. “This is the motha f**kin west coast, and the torch has been passed! Aint no hate in Dr. Dre’s blood, he passed the torch to Snoop, Snoop passed it to Game, Pac restin in peace, so is Eazy, Jay Rock doin his damn this, Glasses, Nipsey. I hate when people say the West aint poppin. I told you it was coming.”
But it wasn’t just West Coast artists in the building that night, in video clips you can see Mos Def and Talib Kweli enjoying the festivities with the whole TDE family on the West coast.
Having released his newest album Section.80 earlier this summer to critical acclaim, Kendrick Lamar is embarking on a nation wide tour that will feature spot dates at New York’s S.O.B.’s on August 31st, The Loft in Atlanta August 27th, live with Wiz Khalifa and Chevy Woods on September 3rd in Eugene, Oregon and a date at Seattle’s Bumbershoot 2011 festival, that will also feature Big Boi and Wiz Khalifa September 3rd-6th.
TREY SONGZ REMIXES LIL WAYNE’S “SHE WILL”
Trey Songz flexes his lyrical ability on the revamped version of Lil Wayne’s newest single, “She Will.” Lately, the crooner has recorded rap verses on unofficial remixes to songs like Kreayshawn’s “Gucci Gucci” and Drake’s “Headlines.” In related news, Trey is currently working on his upcoming fifth studio album, titled Chapter 5. Head over to Rap-Up.com to preview the song now!
GAME LEAKS BONUS TRACK OFF R.E.D ALBUM
According to his official fansite, Game recently unleashed a bonus track called “Basic Bitch,” which is off his long-awaited R.E.D. Album. Be sure to get your copy when the follow-up to 2008’s LAX arrives tomorrow (8/23).
DIGGY, MINDLESS BEHAVIOR READY SCREAM TOUR
We’ve just learned which artists will be a part of the newest series of the Scream Tour. The annual outing, which started over a decade ago, has pumped the careers of acts like Bow Wow, Chris Brown, Trey Songz and others. This year, the trek is being dubbed Scream Tour: The Next Generation (NXG) and it will include Mindless Behavior, Diggy and The New Boyz as well as new acts like Jacob Latimore, Hamilton Park and The OMG Girlz. The 20-city tour begins on September 30th in Augusta, Georgia and wraps on November 20th in Richmond, Virginia.
· General tickets go on sale for select markets on August 27th.
· Tour information will be available at ScreamTour.com or Ticketmaster.com.
JANET JACKSON TO PERFORM IN SOUTH AFRICA
For the first time ever, Janet Jackson is scheduled to perform in South Africa during her Up Close And Personal World Tour. The singer has never performed in Johannesburg before and is looking forward to showcasing new and old songs. According to her official fansite, pre-sale tickets and VIP packages are on sale now. Visit JanetJackson.com/Tour to see when the icon will perform stateside in a city near you.
LADY GAGA LOVES BEYONCE
Lady Gaga and Beyonce may be running against one another at the MTV Video Music Awards this year, but the singers are actually old friends, having collaborated on Gaga’s VMA-winning “Telephone” in 2010. Gaga explained exactly why the two get along.
“She is such a beautiful person. And, I gotta tell you, I just adore her. And I had kinda lost faith a little bit in meeting artists in the business, and then I met Beyonce.”
Gaga and Beyonce are both up for the Best Female Video Moon man. Mother Monster is also up for Best Video with a Message, Best Choreography and Best Art Direction. Meanwhile, Beyonce is also up for Best Direction, Best Choreography and Best Cinematography. See who wins when the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards air live on Sunday at 9 PM Eastern.
WILL.I.AM CALLS JUSTIN BIEBER THE NEXT MICHAEL JACKSON
Justin Bieber recently logged studio time with Black Eyed Peas frontman and producer will.i.am. Will told MTV News U-K that Bieber could be “like Michael Jackson.” “Will.i.am was one of the last producers to work with the “King of Pop” before his death.
TROUBLE WITH THE AMY WINEHOUSE FOUNDATION
Mitch Winehouse’s dream to establish a charity called the Amy Winehouse Foundation to honor his late daughter has hit a potential snag. Mitch told the BBC that someone actually registered the name before he could, and that he’s constantly receiving donations for the charity, but doesn’t “know what to do with them.” Winehouse says that the foundation plans to “help all children – not just rehabilitation, not just substance abuse. It’s to help all children in need.”
PITBULL, JESSIE J TO PERFORM AT THE 2011 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS
MTV.com has just announced that Pitbull has joined the official line up of performers at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The rapper, who will showcase “Give Me Everything” alongside Ne-Yo, joins previously confirmed acts including Adele, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and Young The Giant. In addition, Jessie J will serve as the night’s house artist. Viewers can expect presenters to include Nicki Minaj, Taylor Lautner, Drake, Joe Jonas, Jared Leto, Kevin Hart, JB Smoove of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future. Be sure to tune in to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards when they air live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, August 28th at 9 PM (Live Eastern/Tape delayed Pacific).
· The news comes just weeks after we learned that Katy Perry leads the pack with an impressive nine nominations, including Best Female Video and Video of the Year for “Firework.”
· Additional performers, presenters and a host will be revealed at a later date.
· Fans can vote for specific categories like Best New Artist at VMA.MTV.com today.
· Fans can also vote for Best New Artist by texting BNA to 66333 on your wireless phone.
The Video Music Awards have been held in New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Miami.
The 2004 VMA show in Miami marked the first time in the 21-year history of the awards show that the VMAs were not held in New York City or in Los Angeles.
Madonna has performed at seven VMAs, four of which she has opened. This makes her the only artist to perform at the VMAs in the ‘80s, ‘90s and ‘00s.
Before U2’s live set in 2001, the Metropolitan Opera House lost power and delayed their performance.
Afeni Shakur (Tupac Shakur’s mother) and Voletta Wallace (Notorious B.I.G.’s mother) met for the first time at the Video Music Awards in 1999, when the two co-presented the award for Best Rap Video.
BEYONCE LOVES WHAT SHE DOES
Today is the day! Fans can finally check out Beyonce’s much-talked about album, 4. Many speculate that this could be the diva’s biggest opening debut and could potentially outshine 2008’s I Am…Sasha Fierce, which was number one on the Billboard 200 chart and sold 482-thousand units in its first week.
A TIMELINE OF BEYONCE’S JOURNEY TO THE TOP
· In 1990: At age 9, Beyonce Knowles formed the all girl pop group, Destiny’s Child, in Houston, Texas.
· In October 1997: Beyonce along with the rest of Destiny’s Child, got signed to Columbia Records and debuted their song, “Killing Time,” on the Men In Black soundtrack.
· In 1998: Destiny’s Child released their self-titled debut album, which sold three-million copies worldwide and went platinum. Singles released from Destiny’s Child include “No, No, No” and “With Me.”
· July 27th, 1999: Destiny’s Child released their second studio album, The Writing’s on the Wall. “Bills, Bills, Bills” was their first number one hit song on Billboard’s Hot 100. Other singles released: “Bug-A-Boo,” “Jumpin’, Jumpin’” and “Say My Name.”
· Mid 2000: Destiny’s Child became a trio with members Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
· In 2001: Bey became the first African-American female artist and the second female artist to receive the ASCAP Pop Music Award for Pop Songwriter of the Year.
· July 26th, 2002: Beyonce made her big screen debut next to Mike Myers in the comedy Austin Powers in Goldmember, as the fierce “Foxxy Cleopatra.”
· In Late 2002: Bey and her then-boyfriend, rapper Jay-Z, teamed up for the smash hit, “‘03 Bonnie & Clyde.”
· In 2003: Beyonce co-starred with Cuba Gooding, Jr. in The Fighting Temptation, a romantic comedy.
· In June 2003: Knowles released her first solo album, Dangerously In Love, selling over six-million units worldwide and debuting in the top spot on the Billboard 200. The album was certified multi-platinum by the RIAA.
· February 8th, 2004: Bey won five GRAMMYS at the 2004 Grammy Awards for her solo work and also opened the show, performing a medley of songs with Prince.
· In 2005: Beyonce and her mother came together to start the fashion line, House of Deréon.
· February 10th, 2006: Bey appeared on the silver screen alongside Steve Martin in The Pink Panther, which debuted at number one, making 21.7-million dollars in its first week of release.
· In 2006: Knowles became the face for L’Oreal and Tommy Hilfiger.
· September 5th, 2006: Knowles released her second solo album, B’Day, which coincided with her 25th birthday. The album debuted in the top spot on the Billboard 200, making it Bey’s second consecutive album to debut at number one.
· December 25th, 2006: Bey showed off her acting chops starring as Deena Jones in Dreamgirls with Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy.
· In 2007: Bey received two Golden Globe nominations for her role in Dreamgirls. One for Best Actress and the other for Best Original Song.
· In 2008: Bey released her first two singles, “If I Were a Boy” and “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It),” off of her upcoming album, I AM…SASHA FIERCE.
· December 5th, 2008: The movie Cadillac Records came out. In it, Beyonce portrayed Etta James, alongside co-stars Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright.
· January 20th, 2009: Beyonce performed Etta James’ song, “At Last,” at President Barack Obama’s Neighborhood Inaugural Ball.
· In April 2009: Bey co-starred with Ali Larter and Idris Elba in the movie Obsessed.
· September 13th, 2009: Beyonce’s hit, “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It),” received the top honor, Video of the Year, at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
· January 31st, 2010: Beyonce led the 52nd GRAMMY Awards with a whopping ten nominations, tying with Lauryn Hill for most GRAMMY nominations for a single female artist in one year. Bey took home a record breaking six GRAMMYS out of the ten she was nominated for.
· February 2010: Knowles joined Lady GaGa on her hit song, “Telephone,” which went straight to number one, making it the sixth number-one song for both Bey and GaGa.
YOUNG JEEZY SUED FOR MISSED CONCERT APPEARANCE
According to TMZ, Young Jeezy is facing a lawsuit for failing to show up for a scheduled concert appearance in the Virgin Islands. The rapper’s rep called and canceled just one day before the gig due to an undisclosed conflict. The promoters, Paid 4 Entertainment, are suing for 75-thousand in damages and fraud charges.
· The company also went out of their way to book a private jet for Jeezy.
CELEBS RESPOND TO KELLY’S BET PERFORMANCE
If you were on Twitter while the 2011 BET Awards ceremony was on, you’d know that Kelly Rowland experienced what many are calling her career-defining moment while showcasing “Motivation.” Here’s what her peers tweeted:
· Nelly: “SAY WAD SIS!!!!!!!@KELLYROWLANDTHAT’S how u shut sh#t down!!!!CRAZY performance!!!!”
· Taraji P. Henson: “@KELLYROWLAND YOU DID THAT annnnnnnnd #ThatIsAll. #SoProud#ShineOnMySis”
· Missy Elliott: “So u killed it tonight!!! So proud! Hands down best of the night! Xoxo hope all is well!”
· Brandy: “@Kellyrowland just F’in MURDERED the @BETawards!!!! So proud of you gal:) Trey fall back on the neck piece though playa..lol”
· Monica: “WERRRRRRRK @KELLYROWLAND rhat was a phenomenal performance. The Ladies not PLAYING tonight. Love it ….”
· Sean Garrett: “Wow!!!! Congrats to @KELLYROWLAND just Mashed!!!! Congrats princess!!! Killer Performance!!”
· Rico Love: “Congrats @Kellyrowland. You deserve it all. I Love u babe!#TTLO”
· Michelle Williams: “Amen! #audiencetweetBETAwards Go Go Go Go @KELLYROWLAND! Okay bye!”
· LeToya Luckett: “KEL!!!!! Smh *drops mic & walks off stage*”
ALICIA KEYS TALKS RE-RELEASE FOR DEBUT ALBUM
To celebrate 10th anniversary of its release, Alicia Keys has put out the deluxe and collector’s edition of her debut album, “Songs In A Minor.” The project includes bonus tracks, demos, live performances and two previously unreleased songs. Be sure to purchase your copy today!
· Visit her official website to learn more about passes for the Piano & I: A One Night Only Event with Alicia Keys on June 30th at New York’s Beacon Theatre.
AMERIE MARRIES HER MANAGER
According to Rap-Up.com, Amerie and Columbia Records A&R man Lenny Nicholson held their destination wedding over the weekend. The couple exchanged vows on the island of Anguilla. The pair is currently honeymooning in a private resort bungalow.
EL DEBARGE OUT OF RE-HAB, PREPS ESSENCE FESTIVAL
According to SingersRoom.com, while in February, El DeBarge suffered a relapse of substance abuse, he has since left rehab after and is reportedly back on track. The singer is scheduled to perform at the main stage during the upcoming 2011 Essence Music Festival. The showcase marks his first concert performance in almost five months.
· Before he checked into rehab, El said in a statement, “I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone.”
HIP HOP TWEET OF THE DAY: WALE
Before shooting his new music video, Wale took to his Twitter account to complain about the models that were cast. He wrote, “Here we go again…there is NOOOOO brown skin models to chose from AGAIN… this game is so f**ked up…I don’t even wanna do this video.” He added, “I think it’s time I start my own modeling agency ….we need some more f**king balance ….beautiful is not one shade…they got the game f**ked.”
G.O.O.D. MUSIC JOINS DEF JAM
According to HipHopDX.com, Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music has officially joined the Def Jam umbrella. The first project that will be released under the new partnership is Big Sean’s debut, Finally Famous, which is in stores now.
DJ KHALED RELEASES OFFICIAL TRACKLIST
According to HipHop-N-More.com, the tracklist for DJ Khaled’s upcoming album, We the Best Forever, has surfaced online. The 12-track project includes guest spots from Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Wayne, T-Pain and many more. Be sure to get your copy on July 19th, but you can pre-order it now via Amazon.com now.
1. “I’m On One” Feat. Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
2. “Welcome To My Hood” Feat. Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Wayne & T-Pain
3. “Money” Feat. Jeezy & Ludacris
4. “I’m Thuggin” Feat. Waka Flocka & Ace Hood
5. “It Aint Over Til It’s Over” Feat. Mary J. Blige, Fabolous & Jadakiss
6. “Legendary” Feat. Chris Brown, Keyshia Cole & Ne-Yo
7. “Sleep When I’m Gone” Feat. Busta Rhymes, Cee-Lo & The Game
8. “Can’t Stop” Feat. Birdman & T-Pain
9. “Future” Feat. Ace Hood, Meek Mill, Wale, Vado & Big Sean
10. “My Life “Feat. Akon & B.O.B.
11. “A Million Lights” Feat. Tyga, Cory Gunz, Mack Maine, Jae Millz & Kevin Rudolf
12. “Welcome To My Hood” (Remix) Feat. Ludacris, T-Pain, Busta Rhymes, Twista, Mavado, Birdman, Ace Hood, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Bun B, The Game & Waka Flocka
T-PAIN DROPS NEW VIDEO
According to his official fansite, T-Pain has released the visual to his new single, “Booty Work (One Cheek At a Time).” The Erik White-directed clip includes a cameo from comedian Kevin Hart as his rap alter ego, “Chocolate Droppa.” The song is off Pain’s upcoming album, rEVOLVEr, which will be released later this year.
BLACK EYED PEAS TO RELEASE VIDEOGAME
The Black Eyed Peas unveiled plans for a new videogame called The Black Eyed Peas Experience. According to AllHipHop.com, the group is working with Ubisoft to develop the game, which will feature tracks like “Boom, Boom, Pow” and “Let’s Get It Started.” The Black Eyed Peas Experience will be available for Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 and is scheduled for release later this year.
· Ubisoft also developed and published Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance 3 and Michael Jackson: The Experience.
JUSTIN BIEBER WORKING ON NEW ALBUM
Justin Bieber confirmed that he is currently in the planning and recording stages for his next album. Usher’s protégé is taking time to craft a unique record, telling MTV News that his voice “is not meant for any style.” There are no set deadlines for work on the album, which Bieber hopes will be “huge.” For more, check out MTVNews.com.
TREY SONGZ TALKS BALANCING WORK AND FAMILY
If you follow Trey Songz on Twitter, you know the singer is constantly hopping on different planes and private jets to perform all over the world. Next stop on Tremaine’s busy schedule is the BET Awards, which broadcast live from L-A next month.
• The singer recently wrote, “Left Sin City and came to NY…got to NY and went to Sin City. BX what up?! Faded.”
PUSHA T TO BE ON HOW TO MAKE IT IN AMERICA
Pusha T is really starting to make a name for himself as he’s just scored a role in HBO’s How To Make It In America. The rapper will star as a drug dealer in four episodes for the upcoming second season, which also includes Kid Cudi. No further details are known at this time.
• Aren’t you tired of rappers portraying drug dealers in movies and television shows?
NICKI MINAJ PLANS TOUR IN 2012
Nicki Minaj has announced plans to embark on her own tour next year. The outing, which is being dubbed the Pink Friday tour, will be the fem-cee’s first headlining show. According to UsMagazine.com, Nicki stated, “So this is my time to be a student and to learn and to absorb all of this information and then take that knowledge and create an amazing tour at the top of 2012.”
• Nicki will join Britney Spears’ Femme Fatale tour, which opens on June 17th. Visit Ticketmaster.com to score passes.
TINIE TEMPAH TALKS SUCCESS
Tinie Tempah scored two number one hit songs and a number one album in his native U-K when he released his debut album, Disc-Overy, overseas last fall. The 22-year-old rapper is excited about bringing his lyrical flow to the states.
“I’m really happy, it’s the first single out here, I definitely feel that my team out here is definitely worked very hard and believed in the single, and it’s just nice, because you got into a lot of radio stations, and you got into a lot of interviews, and they literally do say, what kind of English rapper can sort of crack it out here, and that’s the question I think to be faced with every single time, and it’s nice to not prove them wrong, but just show them that it can happen.”
Tinie Tempah just released his album here in the states. It debuts at number 21 on the Billboard album chart this week.
· Tinie’s debut single, “Written in the Stars,” peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and has now slipped to number 16. His next single is “Till I’m Gone,” featuring Wiz Khalifa.