BEYONCE COMPLETES AND PREVIEW SIX SONGS
We’ve just learned Beyonce met with Sony Music executives to preview new material for her upcoming album. Sony exec Denis Handlin told the Daily Telegraph, “It was just amazing. She came in and played us six tracks from the album. She wants to do a big tour off the back of this record… These songs, the best description I can give is groundbreaking; she’s gone to another level.” Bey’s fourth studio album is slated for a June release.
· Beyonce is scheduled to perform during this year’s Glastonbury Festival.
LUDACRIS RECORDS FOR FAST FIVE
According to Rap-Up.com, Ludacris has teamed with Slaughterhouse for the official soundtrack for the fifth installment of The Fast and the Furious franchise. Luda and the 2.0 Boys recorded a song called “Furiously Dangerous,” which will serve as the lead single for the film, Fast Five. The news comes as Luda announced that he’s already begun recording his next studio effort, Ludaversal.
· Ludacris will star in Fast Five, which opens on April 29th.
· Luda said of the film, “That movie is amazing. I guarantee you, if not number one, it will be top three movies of this year.”
LIL WAYNE FACES ANOTHER TAX BILL
Lil Wayne is facing another tax lien from the IRS. If you remember, a few weeks ago we reported Weezy paid off a 1.13-million dollar debt but he now owes over 5.6-million in unpaid taxes! We’ll keep you posted with further details.
· Lil Wayne has just been added to a list of confirmed performers at the 2011 Bamboozle Music Festival. The annual event will be held in East Rutherford, New Jersey at the New Meadowlands Sports Complex from April 29th to May 1st.
JENNIFER LOPEZ SCORES U-K HIT SINGLE
We’ve just learned Jennifer Lopez’s new single, “On The Floor” featuring Pitbull, has debuted at number one on the official U-K singles chart. This marks the first time J. Lo has experienced such chart success since 2005’s “Get Right.”
· Her forthcoming album, Love?, is slated for a May release.
· Her highest first-week selling album, This Is Me…Then, debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and sold 314-thousand copies during its first week out in 2002.
JEEZY RECRUITS TRAVIS BARKER ON TM103
We were beginning to wonder what’s going on with Young Jeezy’s long-delayed album, Thug Motivation 103. The rapper is still working hard on completing the disc, which will now include drum work from Blink-182’s Travis Barker. The drummer told Rap-Up.com, “It was amazing. It was like this epic, Braveheart-sounding intro.” Fans can expect TM103 to drop later this year.
· Producer Drumma Boy, who contributed to Jeezy’s LP, revealed that the project will be “classic.”
RIHANNA ASKED TO JUDGE X FACTOR?
PerezHilton.com reports Rihanna has reportedly been asked to guest judge on Simon Cowell’s X-Factor show. It’s unknown if Ri Ri has agreed to appear on the singing competition series. Other celebrities who were invited onto the show include Fergie, Jessica Simpson and Nicki Minaj.
BRUNO SPECIAL EDITION ALBUM OUT TODAY
Today (4/5), only at his official online store, Bruno Mars is releasing a limited edition deluxe box set of his album Doo – Wops & Hooligans to his fans in the U-S. There are only 100 available, so head to BrunoMars.com now and try and get yours while you can.
· The box set includes: a special edition album, a woven patch, a set of four buttons, a poster and more.
· If you already had the regular version of Bruno’s album, would you get the special edition box set to add to your collection as well?
NICKI MINAJ TALKS FOLLOW-UP TO PINK FRIDAY
Okay, so we know Nicki Minaj has submitted guest verses for Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV album, but fans are dying to know when she’ll hear her sophomore effort. In the meantime, Nicki intends to unleash videos for her next two singles, “Super Bass” and “Fly” featuring Rihanna, very soon.
· Do you think Nicki will suffer from the sophomore slump?
· She has also submitted verses for Birdman’s next studio album.
· Her latest single, “Moment 4 Life,” is currently number three on Billboard’s R&B/Hip Hop chart.
BEP TEAMS WITH AEROPOSTALE FOR CHARITY
According to AllHipHop.com, The Black Eyed Peas have joined forces with Aeropostale to raise money for the group’s Peapod Foundation. The band helped produce a limited-edition T-shirt where all proceeds will benefit children worldwide who need shelter, education and healthcare. Visit BEP’s official website to learn more.
· Aeropostale has already pledged 100-thousand to the Peas’ Peapod Foundation.
· Anyone who purchases the shirt will also be entered into a contest to meet the band face-to-face.
MARY J READIES FALL ALBUM
Mary J Blige announced that her next studio album, My Life II, The Journey Continues, will be released this fall. MJB has already received contributions from Danja, Kanye West, Stargate, Swizz Beatz, songwriter Kevin Cossom and The Underdogs. The Queen of Hip Hop Soul said of the disc, “It’s a gift to be able to relate and identify with my fans at all times. This album is a reflection of the times and lives of people all around me.” Be sure to get your copy on September 20th.
KELLY SHOWS SENSUAL SIDE ON THIRD LP
Judging by Kelly Rowland’s new single, “Motivation” featuring Lil Wayne, we understand what she means by exploring her “sensual side” on her upcoming album. The former Destiny’s Child singer told SingersRoom.com that the project is “an emotional rollercoaster” that will “celebrate being a woman and feeling that power.” The untitled LP is slated for a late August or early September release.
· Fans can anticipate a steamy visual for the lead single to premiere in coming weeks.
R KELLY PENS MEMOIR
With all that R Kelly has been through during his career, it makes sense that he’s decided to write a memoir titled Soulacoaster. The singer/songwriter said of the project that he’s “writing this book as Robert, not R. Kelly.” Why now? Kelz explained to SingersRoom.com, “I’m tired of being misunderstood. I will show you the tears, fears, and sweat. I will open my heart and reveal the good in my life as well as all the drama. I want to tell it like it is.” It’s unknown if his first literary effort will touch on controversial topics including criminal charges.
· Do you think he’ll ever go into detail about his relationship with the late Aaliyah? Do you plan on buying his book?
· Kelz said that the book will “unlock the door to [his] story as only he can tell it, promising his fans an intimate and unforgettable ride.”
KELLY PRICE READIES NEW ALBUM
With her new single, “Not My Daddy” featuring Mint Condition’s Stokley Williams, climbing the charts, 2011 is looking to be a great year for Kelly Price. The singer has announced that her self-titled album will be available on May 3rd.
· Yesterday, Kelly Price turned 38 years old.
· Isn’t it great to see real R&B singers like Kelly continue to put out quality records?
GAGA TO PLAY GOOD MORNING AMERICA
Lady Gaga will be kicking off Good Morning America’s Summer Concert Series. It was officially announced Monday morning on the show that the pop star will be playing a number of tunes in New York City’s Central Park on Friday, May 27th. Learn more at GoodMorningAmerica.com.
· Gaga’s album, Born This Way, comes out earlier that week, on May 23rd.