Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Dies x MTV Music News
JACKASS’S RYAN DUNN DIES
In very sad news, Jackass star Ryan Dunn has died in a car crash in Pennsylvania. The 34-year-old, who appeared in all of the Jackass movies, reportedly died in a car crash at three AM Monday morning along with another unidentified person who was in the car.
The West Goshen Township Police Department says officers found Dunn’s 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 “off the road and in the woods.”
Both Dunn and his passenger “died as a result of injuries sustained in the accident.” Cops will release more information on the passenger once officials can positively identify the body.
Cops say “speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident.”
An investigation into the crash is ongoing. TMZ has more details and we’ll keep you updated.
Just hours before his death, Dunn posted a photo on Twitter showing himself drinking with friends.
JAY-Z, DIDDY APPEAR ON FORBES HIGHEST PAID LIST
According to Forbes.com, Diddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce and Rihanna have all placed high on Forbes’ Top 25 Highest-Paid Musicians list. The figures are based on income generated between May 2010 through May 2011. Check it out now:
1. U2 ($195 million)
2. Bon Jovi ($125 million)
3. Elton John ($100 million)
4. Lady Gaga ($90 million)
5. Michael Buble ($70 million)
6. Paul McCartney ($67 million)
7. Black Eyed Peas ($61 million)
8. Eagles ($60 million)
9. Justin Bieber ($53 million)
10. Dave Matthews Band ($51 million)
11. Toby Keith ($50 million)
12. Usher ($46 million)
13. Taylor Swift $45 million)
14. Katy Perry ($44 million)
15. Brad Paisley ($40 million)
16. Tom Petty & the Heartbreaks ($38 million)
17. Jay-Z ($38 million)
18. AC/DC ($35 million)
18. Sean “Diddy” Combs ($35 million)
18. Beyonce ($35 million)
18. Tim McGraw ($35 million)
18. Muse ($35 million)
23. Rascal Flatts ($34 million)
24. Kenny Chesney ($30 million)
25. Rihanna ($29 million)
ALICIA PLANS SPECIAL SHOWS IN L-A, NYC
To further celebrate ten years since her debut album dropped, Alicia Keys is playing a series of one-night-only shows in select locations. After already showcasing in Paris and London, the diva is scheduled to perform an intimate show at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles on Friday, June 24th. In addition, her New York fans can expect her to also take stage at the Beacon Theater on June 30th. To learn more about the Piano & I: A One Night Only Event With Alicia Keys shows, visit AliciaKeys.com.
· Keys stated, “I am thrilled to bring this show to all of the fans in Los Angeles. These performances have been an absolute blast and the intimate environment of these shows is truly my favorite way to perform. I really can’t think of a better way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of songs in A minor.”
EMINEM, ROYCE SALES PREDICTIONS
According to HitsDailyDouble.com, Eminem and Royce Da 5’9″’s joint EP, Hell: The Sequel, is projected to sell between 150 to 160-thousand copies in its first week. In addition, the disc is expected to claim the number one spot on the Billboard 200 chart. The news comes just a few days after we reported the project is listed at number one on the iTunes Album Chart.
LUPE BEGINS NEXT ALBUM
Lupe Fiasco has already begun recording his next studio album, titled Food & Liquor 2. The rapper explained that he will take all the lessons he’s learned from recording his latest effort, Lasers, and apply them to the new disc. We asked Lupe about the album and he gave us an update.
“Music on the ground, we are probably at like 30 percent, 30 to 40 percent, but idea-wise it’s probably about 80 to 90 percent there. Yeah, it’s good.”
Lupe told us there will be some musical themes revisited and sequels to songs featured on his debut album, Food & Liquor, which was released in 2006.
· After calling Barack Obama a “terrorist,” Lupe will clarify his statements on an episode of The O’Reilly Factor, which airs next week.
FACT OF THE DAY: MARIAH CAREY
While Mariah Carey focuses most of her attention on raising her set of twins with Nick Cannon, we’re confident that her next album will be amazing. Why? Well, we bet you didn’t know that Mi Mi is the only female artist to have her first five singles all reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The songs include “Vision of Love,” “Love Takes Time,” “Someday,” “I Don’t Wanna Cry” and “Emotions.”
TINIE TEMPAH TALKS “WRITTEN IN THE STARS”
Tinie Tempah’s debut single, “Written in the Stars” featuring Eric Turner, is still making waves. The track peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and now is at number 24. We caught up with the British rapper, who is enjoying the success of the song.
“You know I’ve been some different places in America in the middle of America. The fact that they know the song and they can sing the song word-for-word is out of this world.”
“Written in the Stars” has sold over one-million copies and is featured on Tinie’s 2010 album, Disc-Overy.
· “Written in the Stars” is featured in ESPN’s 2011 NCAA Women’s Division I Basketball Tournament commercials and is the WWE’s WrestleMania XXVII theme song.
CEE-LO TALKS FAME
Cee-Lo Green is one of the most recognizable singer’s around, and apparently that’s not as good a thing as you might imagine. According to The Hollywood Reporter, in a recent interview, the “Forget You” crooner is quoted as saying, “To have to talk and talk and talk — it takes a toll on you. There’s no way you can avoid people unless you can afford to fly private all the time, and I can’t…It’s a toll of being talented.” Cee-Lo’s role as a judge on The Voice has only made him even more popular.
· According to PerezHilton.com, Cee-Lo makes 75-thousand dollars an episode for The Voice.
BLACK EYED PEAS TALK CONCERT 4 NYC
The Black Eyed Peas have announced they are exploring options to reschedule their benefit concert that was canceled due to inclement weather last week. The show was set to benefit the Robin Hood Foundation, which fights poverty in New York City, and would have taken place on Central Park’s Great Lawn. Besides the Peas, a bunch of special guests were also set to perform, such as Taylor Swift and Natasha Bedingfield.
· “The heat couldn’t stop us. The rain couldn’t stop us. The lightning…it stopped us. As much as we hate poverty, we hate the idea of putting anyone’s safety at risk. Which was why, due to inclement weather, the Concert 4 NYC presented by Chase was officially cancelled by the City of New York. At Robin Hood we aren’t quitters. We’ll never stop fighting poverty. And we’re not about to give up on the Concert 4 NYC. We are exploring our options and hope to announce to you soon what our next plan will be. So stay tuned. Stay involved. Together we can accomplish anything. Thanks for coming. Thanks for caring. Thanks for understanding.”
SKYLAR GREY DROPS DEBUT SINGLE
Skylar Grey’s debut single, “Invisible,” has been released to radio. The song features Grey singing over an Alex Da Kid-produced hip-hop beat. The 25-year-old told us the song is about feeling neglected and ignored and wanting to scream out for help. She hopes people connect with the song’s strong message. Skylar Grey will be performing at Lollapalooza this August in support of her upcoming album, Invisible, which is due out this fall.
· Lollapalooza will take place August 5th through 7th at Grant Park in Chicago.